HUSAYN IS FROM ME AND I AM FROM HUSAYN

5th Muharram 1430 AH [lunar]

The Holy Prophet (s) is reported to have said, "Husaynun minni wa ana min Husayn" (Husayn is from me and I am from Husayn).Imam Husayn ('a) being from the Holy Prophet (s) is up to a certain extent understood. However, what exactly does "ana min Husayn" (I am from Husayn ('a)) mean? Scholars have mentioned different interpretations for the tradition. One important meaning is the spiritual harmony between the Holy Prophet (s) and Imam al-Husayn ('a). The Holy Prophet (s) is trying to tell the people that I am of the kind of al-Husayn. The preposition "min" sometimes confers this very meaning. In simple words "I and Husayn have spiritual harmony". Hence if you see Husayn, it is as if you have seen me, and vice versa. Therefore the revolution of al-Husayn ('a) is the revolution of the Holy Prophet (s).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUESTION OF VICTORY